If not start now.
The virus has stalled many businesses and limited the conventional way of doing business and many of us has worked from home.
Even if things do not look good now, we will always come out positive at the other end.
So how do you prepare?
- Take time to educate yourself and your staff. Now is the time. Are you ready to expand and accelerate your business overseas? Why not increase your knowledge of conducting international business. Our Free Video Workshop section has 12 free video seminars on the topic. And there are many more sources. Buy or download e-books, for example, https://www.amazon.com/dp/0968114814 even if you do not buy, you can always read part of it on-line
- Prepare your plans for entering and expanding into export markets. If you live in North America or Europe, you are still in kind of a lock-down mode. But a large part of Asia is now in startup or acceleration mode.
- If you do not know how to conduct international business you can always get help from a consultant or rent an export manager (See articles Export Manager to employ or rent or The remote Export Manager.
- Contact potential clients or distributors. Because of travel restrictions, they are easier to reach now even if working from home. They can always pick up their e-mail and you can have chat on Skype, Zoom or Facetime
- Take care of your existing clients. You should always take care of them and at these tough times, it is even more appreciated.
When things get tough, we tend to slow down and wait for the light at the end of the tunnel. If you did not prepare for tough times and did not have a “crisis” plan ready, then now is the time to plan for the light at the end of the tunnel.
Good luck and get started.
Leif Holmvall, President
Export Pro Inc.
In our book “Export & Import – Winning in the Global Marketplace”
ISBN 978-0-9681148-1-0 those topics are covered in depth. You can also buy our book for less than $10 as an e-book visit e.g. https://www.amazon.com/dp/0968114814, where you can read part of the book.
Follow us on LinkedIn https://bit.ly/3nvAfY9