My evaluation of the book, Export & Import, Winning in the Global Marketplace, by Leif Holmvall Relevance
- Near perfect. Covers everything heard, mentioned, learned in class or never been heard or thought of (by newcomers like me).
- Well divided. One can read from beginning to end or choose a specific topic of interest without confusion.
- Addressed commonly made mistakes and/or misconceptions.
- Asking questions triggers attention and somehow makes the point easier to understand.
- The step-by-step procedures and checklists are crystal clear and empower the reader who feels he can start something and get somewhere.
- Highly motivating. The quotations crack a smile and leave the readers with a feeling of shared common sense.
- Appreciated the grids to be made in order to evaluate a given situation. Example, page 252, giving discounts, shows in black and white the impact. Easy to reproduce with one’s personal situation.
- Examples – diversified, detailed, from the real world, illustrating the point being studied.
- The glossary and especially the links to the web are gems.
- Language used was easy to understand
- Clear, right to the point, keeps the reader on their toes about what’s next?
- This book gave me a deeper insight of everyday international commerce.
- All by itself, it offers numerous tools easily applicable to different situations. Instead of remaining bewildered and with a blurred conception of what could be done, I feel I could build something and would constantly be referring to its pages as my project would advance.
- This book offers a strong dose of reality, I would wish to be drilled and push forward, toward excellence.
- I perceived this book as a form of written mentorship. It does surpasses 2 others books (although they did have strong points) that I read on the same topics.
Michelle Champagne, B.A.A. International Commerce
Bachelor degree student, Canada